Settling into a new place can be one of the defining moments in your life. Whether you’re moving to a new flat or detached house, you may have something going when it helps you live more independently.
Still, when you are prepared to make that leap with removal companies in London, you need to address some hurdles first, especially on the pricing front. Here are factors that can affect the price quote that you can receive:
• Quantity and weight of your belongings. This will affect not only the price but also how large a crew is needed to move them (i.e. more manpower = additional costs).
• Whether you choose to have the crew pack the things for you.
• Whether you need special packing materials.
• Distance between the origin and destination. The farther it is, the more expensive.
Whether overnight stays will be needed. Long drives may necessitate this as the U.K. mandates a 45-minute break for every 4.5 hours of driving.
• Whether you have items that need special handling, such as artworks and pianos.
• How quickly you want the move to be done.
• Whether your move schedule falls in a peak season.
You shouldn’t just immediately go for the one that has the lowest price quotes. Like with many things, you get what you pay for with removal services. If one company gave you a quote that is significantly lower than the others, it’s likely that there may be a compromise in quality. What you want to go for is a reasonable price—getting value for your money.